View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 08:40 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

Hmmm...I'm all over the board...

1. The Police (never saw them live but did see Sting several times)
2. The Beatles (never saw them live)
3. Led Zeppelin (never saw them live but Page/Plant in '98 and Plant a few years ago were AMAZING)
4. Oasis (saw them several times both in arenas and small venues)
5. Counting Crows (one of my favorite live acts...met Duritz in Ireland while watching Cracker open up for the Crows...nice man)
6. R.E.M. (saw them several times...sad they folded but check out Tired Pony if you are going through withdrawl...Peter plays guitar for the Snow Patrol-led supergroup)
7. The Stone Roses (amazing band and John Squire is perhaps the GREATEST guitar player I've ever seen/heard)
8. Pearl Jam (saw them several times including last month in Hartford. They've gotten BETTER with age)
9. David Gray (I love singer-songwriters...this guy takes the cake)
10. Beastie Boys (you don't have to like rap to LOVE these guys...hope they have a few things left in the vault since they shut things down way too soon)

Honorable mention. The Samples (seen them countless times and one of the first bands I start listening to each Spring...their music makes me smile every time)
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.

Last edited by Big Six; 12-02-2013 at 08:40 AM.