View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 08:18 AM
J0hn Collin$

Default Mag & One-Screw Cases - fool me twice...

I am officially done with any kind of recessed mag, or one-screw cases like you can get from Ultra Pro or Pro-Mold. I’ve mentioned in previous threads, one of my pet peeves is cards that slide around in holders like these, as well as some graded slabs. Just now I tried the Pro-Mold 20 point, figuring that it may be more snug than the mag cases which are nicer, but only go down to 35 point. Frequently late 1960’s and early 70’s cards that were printed on the thinner stock will slide around willy nilly, left and right in these type cases. I’ve read before here on this forum and elsewhere ad-nauseam opinions on how a card can’t really get hurt even if it moves around some in the holder, but to me it’s just unsightly and nerve-wracking as hell to see this - when some cards do it and some don’t. I guess it messes with my OCD.

Anyhow no, the 20-point cases that’s arrived this morning don’t do the job either - I tried 1965 and 1968 Topps cards, and both still slide. Maybe the pressure on the top from the screw isn’t enough to hold it down to really get a 20-pt gap?

I don’t know but sick of this, and I’m done. Toploaders and penny sleeves only for me from here on out...oy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by jchcollins; 06-04-2019 at 08:24 AM.