View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I do not know if Charlie will be comfortable giving an opinion based on just pictures. I would not. I assumed you would be taking the cards themselves.

His shop is predominantly basketball because as you are aware that is San Antonio’s only major sport, but he has always had some inventory of older baseball cards and I have on occasion shared some of my Topps items with him

He is not always there. He has a son who often works the store. He may have some baseball expertise as well but am not sure
I realize just bringing pictures isn't helpful, otherwise we could've collectively figured this out already. I just want to stop by with pictures to begin the conversation and to be able to tell the seller the expert has told me he needs to see the cards themselves.

Sports Cards Plus is built on unopened wax. They move really big volume, probably one of the biggest sellers of wax to the end user in the country as far as card shops go. I've always gotten the impression that singles aren't a focus, though they do have a decent selection in their display cases.

Jeff, his son, is knowledgeable in a lot of ways but I wouldn't say he has much experience in vintage as far as I know. Regardless, it's worth a trip for me to go over there and at least have a conversation, maybe Charlie has more expertise than I assumed. Appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk