View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 08:52 AM
Robert J. Miller

Bob C. - Here is another version of your story.
Think of it like this, a guy's walking down the sidewalk next to a used car dealer, just minding his own business and looking at the cars as he's walking by. All of a sudden a salesman thinks he will help this guy out by offering a lower price than he was asking. So the red sporty car marked $5K is offered for $4,200.
The guy figures OK, since I am interested, I will offer a price where he could steal it from the salesman and offers $3,500.
Well, the salesman thinks to himself there's no way he is able let that car be stolen that cheap, so in his kind heart he lowers it one last time and lets the gentleman know he cannot go any lower.
So now the guy is perturbed that he can't steal it. And thinks the salesman may be desperate enough to sell at any cost and completely rip off the salesman and comes back with a paltry offer price of $3,200.00
Confused by the buyer and realizing that the potential buyer may have a screw loose and does not want any possible aggravation, decides to stop this and any future negotiations. He leaves the original price on the car and it sells a week later for the full amount.

Now take the "car" that was being sold in my example, and add a "d" to the end of it to make it a "card" that was being sold instead..........................

Last edited by philliesfan; 10-11-2022 at 09:07 AM.