View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: Cy

Let's face it. If any sport not only condones cheating but endorses, it’s baseball. If you look at
any time period, baseball players cheated. I truly think that much of this is being brought up
because people hate Bonds. Look at Roger Clemens. If he isn’t a poster boy for steroids, who is?
He has gotten much thicker in the same time period as Bonds. His roid rage has been notorious,
throwing the bat at Piazza, etc. Maybe we should check into Clemens and eliminate all his
records.

What about Schilling? He adamantly voiced his disapproval of steroids and stated he never did
them. But what do you think they put in him the night he pitched with a bleeding ankle? Does
anyone believe he was enhanced one way or another? Let’s look into that and take away that
World Series from the Red Sox, too, if he was administered anything to enhance his
performance.

Then there’s the classic Hall of Famer, Gaylord Perry. Didn’t he cheat every game he pitched?
Let’s go back, erase every out that he induced from the averages of each of those batters and
give the batters their due.

Also, let’s check all of the hallowed ballplayers of the 50's and 60's that did amphetamines. I
stated this before and someone pointed out that it is not the same thing as steroids. I beg to
differ. Is taking amphetamines a way to enhance your play chemically? They may not be as
potent as steroids, but it was cheating. Let’s put each and every player under oath and ask
whether they took any type of amphetamine. If so, purge the records.

And finally, when Bonds was supposedly doing steroids was it illegal? That is the key question.
Whether it is illegal in the United States has no bearing on whether it was against the rules of
baseball. Heck, Dock Ellis pitched a no hitter on LSD! He admitted that. Should we purge that
record too.

I truly think this is taken out of context and I also feel it is a vendetta against Barry Bonds. If he
wasn’t in the picture, they would let McGwire and Sosa and Clemens and all the others alone
and never hassle them.

My thoughts.

Cy