View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: J Levine

I hope he makes the Hall of Fame. I hope he tells the truth. I hope he makes millions. As long as he is held responsible for his actions. If the steroids he took (if he actually took them) were illegal at the time then he should be punished.

Next, I want to see studies where steroid use is linked to improving hand-eye coordination, bat speed, and form control (the three things it takes to really be a successful major leauge hitter). Steroids are horrifically dangerous and people take them to help them increase strength, mass, and recover and heal faster but is it worth it?

If we are going to keep people out of the Hall of Fame for cheating in the game then Perry is out for the spitter-scuff-shine ball. Wait, McGraw is out for his antics at third base and stealing signs. Anson and Kelly are done too, their "cheating" literally changed baseball rules for things like time-outs, out of bounds fouls, baserunning, and line-up switches. Wait, Paige is out too...notorious for stunts that were not quite up to par. Do not even want to talk about Cobb.

What I really want Barry to do is to start by making PSAs about the horrific risks of steroid use. I do not care if he admits he did it. If he was serious, he should become the spokesperson for the anti-steroid movement. I would not only be proclaiming my innocence, I would be making sure everyone knew I was opposed to them.

I can not believe I even added to this thread...