View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: jay behrens

Hmmmm...Clemens is lauded for his rigorous workour regimine and is said to be proof that he is not on the juice. Yet this same exact reason is cited as why Bonds is juicing so that he can maintain his manical workout schedule. Which one is it? People also cite all the physical changes to Bonds as proof that he using, yet these same people say it's just natural aging when they talk about Clemens.

When you get down to it, if Clemens were Black and hated as much by the press as Bonds is, you'd see the same scrutiny. I'm never one to play the race card, but so much of this is about race, the media's dislike for Bonds and the fact that he chasing hallowed records. Some also mentioned the fact taht Clemens playing in the WBC is proof positive that he is not using. What a laughable statement. If he and Bonds are currently using, they are using something that cannot currently be detected. If they aren't using anything, they quit when baseball implemented the stricter testing and penalties. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Bonds has been tested twice since the new rules came into effect and he has come up clean both times. Guess he never used either.

Face it, Clemens is white and beloved by the writers. They don't want to see anything happen to him, so they aren't going to persue any possible sterroid use by him.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.