Thread: In Like Flynn
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Default In Like Flynn

Posted By: Bob

I (singular) think that the 'whales' that are referenced above, and other 'near whales' have pushed on the prices of pristine cards to such an extent, that with lesser cards being all that we can collect, our (pluaral) own buying pressure has pushed up the costs of those worn cards, too.>>

Frank, you are dead on with this comment. The soaring prices for the highest graded of cards (especially caramels and pre-war regionals) has sent the 60s, 50s, 40s and even 30s way up.

I also agree with leon, it is slowly becoming a buyer's market on many cards which seemed to peak last fall, but things are still sporadic. For example, I've been able to pick up some pretty nice 1912 Zeenuts lately for 1/2 to 1/3 what they were going for in the fall. Perhaps the "big boys" don't care about 50s, 40s, 30s and 20s, but when the cards' scarcity is factored in along with the fact that some of these cards are the highest graded out there, it's nice to have a respite from the dizzying prices these were getting not that long ago. E94s continue to hold their prices but I have noticed the E98s and E97s have begun to slip a little and E93s, E95s and E96s have tumbled.