View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 10:37 AM
J0hn Collin$

Today's package that finally arrived (a Seaver RC, I was sweating bullets...) was kind of the last straw for me and the USPS with anything shipped of value. It wasn't anything super horrible, but for Priority Mail Insured, $23 - the package was 3 days late, and got maybe half the tracking scans it should have from just outside of St. Louis to me in Winston-Salem, NC. Lately my regular, First Class packages have been both getting more scans en route, and arriving on the whole quicker than Priority Mail.

Clearly not the end of the world as I got the card and am happy, but I will gladly pay the same or more to do FedEx 2 day for cards I sell / buy over a certain price point from here on out. Peace of mind with the USPS just seems to be a thing of the past. I get no updates on shipping for 2 solid days AFTER this package is supposed to be here already, and then wake up this morning to more stories on NPR, etc. about how screwed up the Post Office still is, and to expect more delays. Whatever, I'm done. Yeah, yeah - I get there are legit reasons - but this also isn't rocket science, and has been a festering problem in many areas of the US even before the onset of COVID. Yes, 99% of my USPS stuff does get here eventually, but if I can pay comprable or even more elsewhere for a quicker turnaround and more reassurances, it's time for me to go that route.

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-25-2021 at 02:39 PM.