View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:05 PM
American Collectibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I applaud you for keeping your cool in your responses; however, your comment above doesn't really go very well with the following hype from your ebay description. The fact that he only had limited playing time over two years (1911,12) would make any complete document of historical value. But maybe there are Krichell-signed autographs all over the place.

"Paul Bernard Krichell (December 19, 1882 – June 4, 1957) was a Major League Baseball catcher, best known for being the head scout for the New York Yankees for 37 years until his death. Krichell's talent evaluations and signings played a key role in building up the Yankees' run of success from the Murderers' Row teams of the 1920s to the 1950s teams led by Casey Stengel."
Ah, I see the misunderstanding here. In your quote above, I was actually referring to the context of the letter, not Krichell himself. Krichell himself, was indeed significant. But this letter was very low on the totem-pole of items one can find with his John Hancock on it (or without it, as the case may be lol). He's a definite handful of times a year eBay popper-upper. (And thanks! .. Always risky wading into new waters! )

Last edited by Ritz; 11-26-2012 at 09:06 PM.