Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 02:35 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonHendricks View Post
Just knocking around flea markets starting about thirty five years ago…I guess because I’ve been so active turning over every rock…so I see more stuff…then the more you research and learn the more you get into it…I’m slowing down a little…but thirty years ago typically on a Sunday I’d leave at 4:30am…hit fleas by flashlight and every kind of antique show from toys to guns to book fairs…then when I was done with those I’d start going thru the used books stores around the bay area till they closed…by the time I’d get home late at night I could hardly walk…Then when the plandemic thing started and shows shut down…I still found plenty of ways to get in trouble…especially on eBay…Below an incredible photo I found in an antiques store in San Francisco in early December 2020…

Carlton,

Dick Hyland won a gold medal in Rugby at the 1924 Olympics in Paris. One of his teammates was Dudley DeGroot. DeGroot was a long time college football coach. He also coached the Redskins and LA Dons. "Tricky Dick" Hyland worked as technical director on the movie "The Drop Kick" one of John Wayne's first movies. He was also a sportswriter. Joined the USMC in 1942. He was a captain in the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing during WWII.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 07-26-2021 at 02:36 AM.