View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Bill Gregory

I'm a firm believer in communication. Whenever I do business with a seller, I post to let them know if a PM or an email is on the way. I specify if I am considering a purchase, or if I am definitely buying a card if it is still available. I feel that not only helps the seller, but other potential buyers as well. If I can let other buyers know a card has been purchased, that saves them the trouble of messaging the seller. It also helps the seller by cutting down on the number messages they have to respond to.

Once a card has come in, I send a private message to the seller to let them know it has arrived, and to thank them. Then, I amend the post I made on their thread to reflect that the transaction has been finalized satisfactorily. If a card arrives quickly, I'll post that. If I was impressed by something, like how well the card was packaged, I'll include that, too. I figure future buyers might go back and look at the sale thread. I also include that seller's name in my signature, so if anybody wishes to ask me about my experience with a seller, I can help them.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 10-04-2014 at 12:37 AM.