Originally Posted by Iron Horse View Post
Hi Pete,
Glad to see you share your latest masterpiece. Keep them coming
Hope all is well
Ruben
Thank you, Ruben!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Cool work all around. This Mookie piece made me think...have you ever considered making a piece strictly from the exact card featured? For example, this 1987 Topps Mookie Wilson piece would have to be only made out of 1987 Topps Mookie Wilson cards.

Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
Don't think he could get the right colors or shading that way.

Tom C
I've considered it, but there are some problems. Same problems exist no matter the card, but I will continue with Mookie as the example. The biggest issue is the areas of black within the Wilson. To land that much black, I would only be getting small slivers from a regular size Mookie (ditto for the lighter areas of Wilson's skin, etc.). The amount of tedious work involved with that just isn't economical, and even then I believe the final result would look more like a representation of the original image as opposed to a piece having realistic qualities.

I have about 400-450K commons at my disposal, which makes my work easier. Narrowing a project down to a single set tends to be a bit more difficult (I still do this, however, with positive results), and deducing the palette to an individual card would be downright tough. Not to mention the cost.....I would charge an obscene amount for a piece that required that much eye strain!

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart