View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 11:33 AM
J Stone

Great thread...I have always held that O'Doul belongs in the Hall of Fame. A travesty really not just for his MLB accomplishments but for what he did to expand the game to Japan and by virtue all of Asia.

I was extremely fortunate to have acquired a number of items from his estate but most of the good stuff was sold off to Dick Dobbins years ago during the many times I ran into financial difficulty. One piece I surely wish I had back was a signed program from the 1934 Goodwill Tour of Japan signed by everyone except Ruth and signed by Gehrig twice. Probably now worth 20x what Dick paid for it, which was a fair price at the time.

The PSA 1936 Zeenut w/coupon that David M. posted was once mine. That one was actually from the estate so it was "Lefty Owned". I sold that when I was new to PSA grading and had been out of the hobby for awhile. Judging by the emails I got after I sold it someone got a heck of a deal at the time.

I also think I have the original photo that was used to make the cover of that scrapbook presented to Lefty. I'd like to find that. I'll post more stuff and help keep this thread alive. Hope it's OK since they aren't cards.

Here is one picture from the estate that I already had scanned. That's O'Doul swinging and even without seeing his face it's pretty obvious who his golf partner is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dd001 2.jpg (58.0 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by MooseDog; 10-13-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typos