View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 12:33 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I think the current prevailing social view that anyone who claims to be offended (well, anyone on a certain political side, if the other claims it it does not count) is automatically correct and everyone must cater to their view, or they are racist/sexist/50-other-ists and need to be censored, banned etc. is incompatible with a cultural value of free speech and expression. Outrage over faked hate crimes because we apparently cannot find real ones, tearing down or defacing statues of even abolitionists like Grant, Douglas and the 54th Massachusetts, rioting and destroying Targets (including the 3 closest to me) and Autozones, claiming that to value human life of all skin colors is racism and white supremacy, none of this appears to have any actual legitimacy to me or follow any coherent logic. Emotionally driven outrage and violence and robbery is difficult for the logical to support.

I fail to see how outrage over a sports team name is beneficial to anyone. Everyone can be offended by anything.

Last edited by G1911; 07-13-2020 at 12:34 PM.