View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 12:20 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_l View Post
Once we address ignorance, stupidity, and racism we will be closer to solving some of these problems. The tide is changing and leaving you behind. The sooner it occurs the better. Read some history and think critically.

It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will
-Sam Cooke

(David Lu$ti$)
It is easy to look without, but many times you need to look within. Ignorance, stupidity and racism runs on both sides of the street. The protesters want to change the name of everything that offends them. Yet there is a park in New York City named after Marcus Garvey. Garvey, a Caribbean Black, not U.S. Citizen, was a rabid anti-Semite, segregationist and intolerant of mixed race people. He wanted Blacks to move back to Africa and created a steamship line to facilitate that. He cohorted with the KKK feeling that they had similar goals. He was tried and convicted of mail fraud, defrauding Blacks no less. He was also tried, though not sure if convicted of plotting to kill someone. He lashed out at anyone who criticized him. He called W.E.B. DuBois something like 'a mulatto who is ashamed of every drop of his African blood.' Where are the protests about the name of that park? Very hypocritical. Should we even talk about Louis Farrakhan a blatant racist or Al Sharpton - Tawana Brawley anyone? This is about as political as I get. Work for a 9 employee company owned by two women of color. Not a big deal for me. The house I live in only the windows are glass.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 07-14-2020 at 02:33 AM.