View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
Not to mention it makes life tough for those of us who collect individual players - not enough that I need a guy's 1976 and 1977 Topps cards, now I need them in their buy back version, in Gold, Bronze and Silver stamped varieties over several years....argh!
Don't forget the blue and red versions, I think that was 2018? I collect Yankees and I have a respectable number of these in my collection (25-30). I get them when they are less than $1, usually in dime/quarter boxes at shows.

I don't bother trying to get them all because who even knows what the checklist is? As the years get older and as the originals get more valuable who even knows if all the players are covered, and then, in all the variations.

I'd guess that the 80's and later, they covered most/all of each set, but then again I haven't seen some of the keys like Mattingly RC, Ichiro RC, or Jeter RC covered in these sets. They might exist, but I haven't found them for sale. I do find stuff like 1987 Topps Paul Zuvella is pretty plentiful.

They are fun to collect and when I see them in a dime or quarter box I grab them (regardless of team) but I don't take them too seriously.