View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Rich Klein

1st question was yes we did have a nice collection of type material (mostly what Dr. Beckett had accumulated) over the years. Even before I got to work at Beckett, Jim's motto always was a type and a checklist and he felt
good to go on adding sets to the data base. Eventually with the internet less purchasing was needed as we could find information on line about a lot of sets.

Keep sending Brian F. that material. However, there are only "x" people at Beckett and adding checklists takes a lot of time and effort. I see Brian occassionaly and I'll try to give him a nudge to work on your lists when next I talk to him.

I have actually written extensively about what I consider the strengths and weaknesses of the Standard Catalog and you can read my columns in Rich's Ramblings in Sports Collectors Daily to see my beliefs. Please note, anyone who has done traditional work on the Standard Catalog is no longer at F&W.

And for COMC == cataloguing is a big project, let them finish their reshuffling and let's see what the next step is. Please be patient with COMC.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 01-15-2014 at 03:37 PM.