View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 11:29 PM

Default A trip back to 1924 and College Football... a little CU Buffaloes history.

Hi all,

A while back I had seen an image/scan depicting the stadium dedication game against Utah for Folsom Field (then Colorado Stadium) on November 1, 1924. This was only the fourth game ever played at what was then the "new" campus stadium which was a huge step forward from the small confines of the wooden bleachers of Gamble Field. CU was stepping onto the stage of big time college football. Originally I had reached out to some sources and was told that it was a colorized photo and had only been seen in reproduction format until that point. I however, recognized it as a postcard.

Well... I’m excited to share with you that I’ve tracked down an original copy of the postcard!

I was doing a little browsing on eBay and just happened across it as it was listed as being Gamble Field. Of course, I knew better! I was able to put in a bid on it and won! As of now I have only confirmed two copies. This is one of the neatest pieces of Buffs history depicting the greatest home field setting in college football nearly 100 years ago.

It seems that each copy was hand colored individually and was most likely done with watercolor or pastel. After a bit of searching I'm excited to finally confirm the existence of this image and thought I'd share it to be enjoyed with everyone else!

Stay safe all and Sko Buffs!

Last edited by AstroJake09; 02-14-2021 at 11:49 PM.