View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 07:25 AM
Tim Odeen

I recently took my Rolex to be appraised. I paid $115 at my local jeweler. With your watch, I might start at a nice antique shop that carries jewelry/military items, and once I had their opinion move to the appraisal. You might even go to an Army Surplus store. If the owner is a collector, he might have a clue about value, or know a collector who could assist you.

I'm not sure if you live in a big town or not, but where I live we also have multiple watch repair shops. I'm sure their knowledge could also help you gain a better starting point on price. When I took my grandma's alarm clock in to be fixed, the repairman told me the work would cost more than the clock. it was sentimental, so I did it anyway. Those repairmen are very knowledgeable even if they aren't official appraisers.

Your watch is in nice shape, was it a family members?

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 06-13-2022 at 07:30 AM.