View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Default any Cracker Jack collectors out there?

Posted By: Brueso

You can set the snipeware at auctionstealer.com to bid for you with 3 seconds left in an auction. It would take very nimble fingers to type a counter bid within 3 seconds. As discussed in other threads, sniperware can definitely save you money. If you make your highest bid an hour or even 3 minutes before an auction ends, you give someone else the chance to decide whether they want to go higher. When they have only 3 seconds, most people can't regroup that quickly. You'll still lose is someone put down a massive bid earliar that is larger than yours, but that doesn't happen a lot of the time. I definitely feel like I've saved money using snipeware. I even use it if its for an auction where I AM in front of a computer, because I don't want any possibility of user error or computer error to mess up my bidding when its that close to the end. It's actually kind of fun to just keep recycling the computer and watch your bid come in and- if you have it set for 3 seconds- see if anyone tops it.

If you want to try it out, I think auctionstealer.com lets you do a few snipes per month for free.