View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 07:54 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
.....In rural Northern Wisconsin the "Culture War" is in full bloom. Wearing a mask is inviting scornful looks. But confederate flags fly freely from pick up trucks. A local grocery store, the only one in a small community, has never had the essential workers wear masks or installed plexi glass shields at check out. We had a check out worker ask us last week "Where do you buy masks?" Talking to someone taking the virus seriously is Rare.
I live in a small town in the eastern sierras about 200 miles northeast of the L A sprawl. Our town has a small, and I mean small, grocery store sitting on Highway 395, the only one we have. This means every traveller out of southern california goes through town, stopping for food, gas, etc etc. and fucking up our people.

Since the shelter in place order has been lifted in California, and people are free to move around, the infection rate has doubled in our area and increased FIVEFOLD in Mammoth Lakes, CA. So our local store has a no mask no entry no service policy. And they enforce it. I was in the store checking out when some unmasked road warrior entered the store, no mask of course, and ignored the clerk. So the clerk 911’ed the guy. So you all know, I am fine with that. We have very few resources up here; half the town, including me, are retired seniors, mostly educators, and our emergency service people are all local volunteers. Our local school is also very small and has decided to reopen as usual, using masks, social distancing, etc. and the school is too small to field a football or baseball team. Hunh. I am OK with that as I have seen how the locals have responded to COVID. All I can say to dirtbags not respecting the locals is you deserve what you get. Don’t come through, piss on our gate and expect a shrug and a pass. Patience up here is gone.

I was fortunate to finally get back fusion done in Carson City after nearly a two year wait compounded by COVID. No one got inside this hospital without masks and temp checks AND being on a list of scheduled patients. Meanwhile, back in L A, my nieces decided after weeks of isolation to have a family get together, share some time, food, etc. and eight of eleven are now COVID positive. We may lose a nephew. No one seems to know who was the source. Not funny at all.

I know this is all anecdotal but this is NOT the flu. It is NOT OK if some 80 year old dies of COVID. It is NOT OK to ignore Local health ordinance. As for baseball, play the damn season. Shut down a team like the Marlins for a couple weeks, enforce a quarantine, and let this thing play out. Maybe the MLBPA needs to be held accountable for any breach, I don’t know, but an outbreak should not get a pass. Lock the f*ckers up. No travel, no clubbing, no grab ass, no nothin’. Playing is a privilege, not a guaranteed right. Enjoy your stay at Holiday Inn.
...whatever I want