View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
I am happy to engage in a conversation with You on this most important subject. Thank you for your interest!!! You are not wrong that the display of the stars & bars is a completely racist expression. Not only in display but verbal expression. Allow me to tell you that when George Wallace ran for President in Wisconsin's Presidential Preferential Primary , in the early , 1970's-------in Price County and Emery Township specificly George Wallace reigned supreme.. That sentiment is pervasive to this day. It will not go away or evolve into modern day thinking. I will share with you that I moved here from Ann Arbor Michigan---"The Harvard Of The Midwest" to meet this culture head on. And surviving ,at gun point,this "Back Woods Ignorance" I remain A warrior for social justice. Hey the goobers lost the war ( as they should have) . but some neanderthals didn't get the news in a timely fashion. Very sincerely, Dennis
That's pretty close to where I spent a week fishing ten or fifteen years ago, Spider Lake. I don't remember seeing any confederate flags & frankly they wouldn't have caught my attention anyway, but I was disturbed that my neighbor flew a nazi flag from a huge flagpole in front off his house.

Not many people fly the stars & bars though as it's pretty dull:

https://www.nps.gov/fopu/learn/news/...original_2.jpg

The design so popular today was used as a battle & navy flag.