View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Well, that's interesting.

As someone who has a total of two uniform parts, a jersey and a warmup jacket, and hasn't gotten into the details..

Nothing but questions!
I went looking for other game used jerseys from 65, and was puzzled.
The home jerseys were made by two companies? Both Spalding and McAuliffe?
And the road jerseys by Rawlings?
Is that normal?

To me it's weird that the Spalding label has extra holes, while it doesn't look like any of the other parts do. Looking at a different Spalding jersey it looks like the stitches were on an angle, which would make two rows of holes. But the stitching here is finer and straighter..
https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c...a/7075-81716.s
But of all the bits to repurpose, the Spalding label wouldn't be my first choice.

What I was actually looking for was the Dodgers lettering. Now there's a thing that looks like a problem. I can see maybe a bunch of fraying after it left the team. I didn't see any that looked bad at all in any pics I found. However, the g-e transition is really heavy, and I also couldn't find any pics of a dodgers jersey that had that same heavy handed transition.

The button placement is also different than others.

If it was my money I think I'd say no, but I could be wrong.
Steve,

Thanks for your comments. I missed the Spalding label having two sets of holes top and bottom. Thank you for that. Also the G-E, I checked the MLB site referenced earlier and couldn't find one that heavy.

To everyone,

If this is not a game used jersey (I am sure hoping it is), where would it fall into price and description range? An autographed jersey or something else? I obviously do not want the owner to have to pay authentication fees if it can be declared 100% NG prior to sending them off.

Sean