View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 10:00 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
The frustrating thing, it seems to me anyway, is that there are ebbs and flows of delivery. Things will zip thru relatively quickly for a while and then with no explanation grind to a halt.

I've got 11 packages either coming or going right now and nearly all are facing a delay. It's like a horse race to see which one crosses the line first and they all seem to be fading down the stretch. I've got one that arrived in Houston (my town) on Thursday. During good times, that would mean possibly that day or likely the next, it would show up at my door. Now? No tracking update since it arrived on Thursday and no packages at my door.
I had a card coming to me in NJ from TX that literally showed "In Transit Arriving Late" for 3 weeks in March through early April with no update, then one day, it miraculously arrived in Newark and was delivered to me a few days later. I put in a lost package report during that time and got a call from my local PO who told me there was not much he could do but that he was aware of significant delays from certain parts of the country including TX and the mid-west.

During the same time, I mailed something to someone in TX and also received a different package from TX, both in 4 or 5 days so it is definitely luck of the draw in many cases.