View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 10:06 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

I was expecting a card on February 15, 2021 and it has yet to arrive from the Bronx. I put in an inquiry and they said that the airplane it was on had broken down and was awaiting parts in the South but it would arrive.

A month later I put in another inquiry and this is what they said -

"Since it has been over thirty days with no scans, you may file a Mail Recovery Search, at USPS.com, after creating a secure account.

It is unfortunate that the mailer did not opt for insurance at the time of mailing. First Class Mail does not include any built in insurance with this classification of mail, like Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express, therefore a claim cannot be filed.

Please know, Congress has affirmed the exclusion of claims arising from loss, miscarriage or negligent transmission of mail from coverage of the Tort Claims Act, Title 18, Section 268(b), Federal Tort Claims Act, which states that the Postal Service specifically is excluded by federal law from liability for any claim arising out of the loss, miscarriage, or negligent transmission of letters of postal matter.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you".