View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 09:04 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Interesting and amusing thread. Being an IT guy, with my logical outlook, I keep wondering why anyone would think the SGC graders would be armed with a sharpie in the first place. I'll bet a T206 Hal Chase there isn't a marker anywhere inside any of the grading rooms, and therefore it's impossible that black streak isn't detritus.

That’s actually a very reasonable line of thinking, and this example below is a different company…but did this BGS grader evaluate the card and then run to the secured sharpie room to draw his Xs and the outline of the trimmed areas from memory? There are probably more dangers in the grading rooms than we know. I don’t know for sure what the issue is on the OP’s card, but the SGC scan makes it look a little different than the scan on this thread. Eagerly awaiting the final determination.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.