View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 02:53 PM

Thanks for the info.

Here is the history of most of these cards.

Back in the early 1990's, I stopped buying the shiny stuff and started to focus on completing my earlier sets. I was also looking for the real OLD stuff but it was hard to find. Remember, this is pre-internet days and I was living in a small town in Indiana. Anyway, I put some ads in some local newspapers saying I was interested in buying older baseball cards. I received some phone calls and eventually bought cards from three different guys.

The guys I bought these cards from were the original owners. They had collected them as boys and kept them all these years. By buying these three collections, I put a large dent in completing my 1956, 1958, 1959, 1960 and 1961 Topps sets. I probably overpaid for the cards because they used the Beckett monthly price guide.

Anyway, the doubles from those collections have been sitting in my closet for the last 15 - 20 years. On a side note, I learned how LOVED Mickey Mantle was from these three guys. All three had Mantle cards in their collections and all three would NOT sell their Mantles. Those were the ONLY cards they wouldn't sell.

I am going to scan a few cards to show what I have. Then I think I will make a list of the cards I have and check eBay for prices and then see whta I can do on B/S/T.

Thanks again for all of your help and ideas.

David