View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Default Baseball's Most Overrated Stat

Posted By: leon

Hey Jay,
Since we are talking about Ryan's 4000th strikeout game I will also add a little to my story. It was my rebel rousing days and me and about 5 friends went to the dome that night in a rental car (Lincoln Town Car). We got into VIP parking by flashing our license at some guy with an orange vest and driving right past him, quickly, so he didn't see our sham. When we parked he came up to us for further id....we handed him a $20 spot and he let us park. We didn't have tickets either, so, being dressed as yuppies, walked through about 5 security points flashing our id's (which were credit cards, licenses, etc...and NO official id), and just kept walking past them, without hesitation and like we were supposed to be doing whatever we were doing.... past ALL security...all the time all of us saying "We're with Scott Crowe"....which one of my friends knew was some kind of maintenance/lighting guy at the Dome. So we ALL got in free through all of the security points in the back. We didn't have tickets so we just went to a level that had some open seats. Lo and behold we found a friggin' (tm Tbob) private party that had a keg at it...they said we could join them. So the beer I spilled was FREE too. The reason I mentioned the rental car is that, remember this is my really rowdy days, when we got back to it we were fairly wasted so we decided to trash it (of course one of my friend's was paying for it with his corporate charge card and bought insurance) so we felt somewhat vendicated. In hindsight we were just immature....We really trashed the thing. I remember one of the guys jumping on the top and giving it a substantial bow and I remember me kicking off every moving piece I could kick on the dashboard while sitting in the front seat. When I went to turn in the car with him the next morning he said that a gang attacked us....and we ran out again......I think he ended up getting a bill in the mail for the damages.....sorry to get off track but just thought about that game and it brought back fond partying memories (at least what I can remember ) regards all