View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 09:09 AM
Rich Klein

I'm going to begin this by saying I was the one who actually priced these for the Beckett price guide/Alamanc back in the day. So, I wanted to see how good my instincts were on the price. After doing a little research and seeing what exampled you pulled I feel just as comfortable as saying the Yount is probably too cheap at that price

I will also state it's been about 20-25 years since I came up with those prices.

I do understand the little demand issue but there has to be a premium for HOFers as Yount as compared to Dwight Gooden (much as I loved watching him pitch for the Mets in 80s as I was living in the NY area) and Jerome (one year wonder) Walton.

So if the $20 pricing is accurate for those players and I don't see any reason why not since I priced those players at $25 back in the day. Then Yount as a HOFer has to be a higher price and I'll use a 2x from the common price so my instinct was a tad high but not super high.

Also looking at your examples I can see you are not considering the shipping cost of the item. It appers the cheapest shipping is about $6 for the item.

And yes, if I had one for sale, I would be $50-60 OBO on Ebay for that Yount item

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 04-14-2024 at 09:26 AM.