Thread: Carlton World
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 01:12 PM

Default Die-Cut Boat Sign

Any original vintage die-cut boat advertising sign would be rare so I was v happy to find this one...Been a while since I researched it but as I recall this Chris-Craft knock off company didn't last but a few years...incredible condition...

Prices of boat signs have become remarkable...This Chris-Craft one below would be at the top of the heap...I spotted it in a video of a car collection...managed to take a freeze frame of it and blew it up to get a better look...about fell over....never seen anything like it...I messaged the poster to ask about it....if it was for sale or what ever...said it was sold...I came back with tell me more...said he bought it at the Turlock Calif auto swap meet...and it was so wiped out couldn't read it...said he had it outside on the side of his house and a friend came over and was looking at it and goes ...do you know this says Chris-Craft...eyeballed it harder and sure enough...got it restored....sold it for $45,000.00...

Story goes on...the next Turlock I see this pickup truck not unloaded...full of signs...so I'm talking to the guy and told him about this sign...guy says yeah I'm the one that sold it...I said where'd it come from...said he got it in Sacramento and it was out in a field near a marina of the Sacramento river...if I recall he said he tried to buy it for a while and was finally able get it...