View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 04:25 PM
Jim Caravello

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Agree. In my circle of people and crotchety old men in my family, including some very close relatives......the ones complaining about sports losing fans because of stances around social issues and sticking their nose into "politics", are the same crotchety old men who are the first to bring up politics at the dinner table in the first place.
Well, I guess we can agree to disagree if that’s ok? - I am 60 - I hate politics but many, many of my friends have left baseball and football as well….sick of the kneeling, moving All Star Games, athletes bashing politicians on both sides of the aisle in public forums, changing team names ( Cleveland ball players are Indians - not Guardians ), owners chasing the money, etc….one person gets offended and the world crumbles…

I want to watch the game….I want to enjoy the players talents…..that’s been taken away from us….I want to be a kid again…..and it’s as clear as daylight….one of many reasons why I don’t watch as much…traveling for work and family demands being the biggest issue with not being able to watch more…

But I still love collecting vintage stuff!! Lastly - good luck Aaron! Hit as many as you can this year!

Last edited by JimmyC; 09-23-2022 at 04:41 PM.