View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 10:49 AM
Todd
Todd Ev@ns

Default A Vey Successful National

I had a few objectives for this years National.

1. Talk with PSA about my 1915 Cracker Jack Ty Cobb that was graded Authentic Altered. I purchased this card from REA and they submitted it raw and it came back as Authentic Altered due to a very small spot on the back of the card that they thought had been altered. I was convinced that the card had NOT been altered and wanted a senior grader at PSA to take another look and give an opinion.

2. Find and purchase a nice looking 1907 Dietsche batting Ty Cobb.

3. See in person a few cards currently at auction that I am bidding on as well consign a few things with REA.

Thursday morning I just happened to be talking with Levi Bleam of 707 at his booth when Joe Orlando walked up and we all started talking. After about 10-15 minutes of talking I asked him his opinion on the card and he directed me to have it looked at again by PSA. I was able to immediately get the card back to them to review. A couple of hours later I got the good news that the card was reviewed and they agreed that the card wasn’t altered and I got it back graded as a PSA 2. Needless to say I was thrilled and pleased. It’s such a beautiful card and presents as a NM.

On Friday, I was able to make a deal for a great looking PSA 3 Dietsche Cobb. I searched all over Thursday and I only saw two for sale at the whole show which included the one I purchased.

It was crazy busy and from talking to many dealers a VERY profitable National. Can’t wait until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk