View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 04:59 AM

One of the many pleasures of collecting anything is that the only rules are the ones you impose upon yourself. I wrote something on another site some months ago that perhaps there might be the sporadic Tigers collector wanting the card signed just by Meyer. At least the Carter RC can still be had affordably, unlike the Schmidt (unless you don't mind one that's been run through a woodchipper a few times).

Cey was and is very popular, so I could certainly see a few wanting that card signed just by him. Personally, I would go for his true rookie (the '72) over the '73 if I was gung-ho about Cey. It has value, and a lot of sellers ask far too much for it. With patience, one can be found at the right price point. Whatever anybody does, do not send it to Oglivie tp be signed. I've lost a few of this pricey card to him, even with cash. He just keeps everything now, including your money. Follow-up letters get you nowhere. He doesn't care. He used to be a responsive TTM signer; I sent right when the replies dried up. Wait for a private signing; they're affordable and seem to occur at least once a year.