View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 08:46 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Mark..

Awesome proofs.....Love that kind of stuff!

Alan....The ending to the game last night was crazy & I'm very happy to hear that your friend's bat company played a part!

I'll deviate to something related to the current World Series as well. For over 10 years I volunteered at the Cal Ripken World Series (mainly as an Official Scorer & Public Address Announcer).

In 2009, last night Dodger starting pitcher Julio Urias played in the tournament for the Mexico team who ended up in the championship game vs. Forrest Hills/Tampa.

The game was televised on MLB Network and both Cal Ripken Jr. & brother Bill were the color commentators...

Here is the scorecard that Cal kept during the game showing Urias playing RF batting 5th and going 0-1 with two walks in a losing cause...After the game was over, Cal & Bill took to the field for the trophy presentatiion....While gathering my things in the Press Box, I saw someone collecting all of the paperwork in the broacast booth to discard and I asked if I could hold on to Cal's scorecard & notes from the game, which they gave me:

Last edited by roarfrom34; 10-25-2020 at 09:06 AM.