View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Again what about the fact that the card was not as advertised. It was in a case with a grade and later determined to be altered. I hate to think that I am in the minority that thinks if someone sells me an altered card I am not entitled to my money back. I can say 100% if I sold a card that was altered I would offer money back.
I completely understand and agree that the card should have stayed in its case when sent to PSA for crossover. Because it opens up the opportunity for fraud by sending back a different card. But that is not what happened. OP sold a card advertised as as graded (??? I dont know grade OP has not posted grade despite being asked to) and was later determined to be altered.
I also understand that since it is out of the case asking GAI to live up to it's grade is no longer possible. But fact is card was altered and buyer is entitled to refund. Just right thing to do.
Jonathan Sterling
John, You make a good point. The reason for the return was the card wasn't authentic which is no true it is authentic. The buyer paid lower then market value due to GAI holder and wanted to cross over to PSA. He could have gotten authentic if he wanted but didn't and he could have crossover in slab but again didn't. I bought the original GAI card on Ebay many years ago and even had a screenshot of the sale for Ebay and buyer to see since at one point he thought I alerted the card which isn't true. We all know buying an GAI card has its risks but I didn't think a card can be sold on ebay then slab open an a "card" returned. The question is can a buyer open a slab and then return an unslabbed card for any reason. Maybe another buyers gets SGC graded card on EBay not happy sends to PSA to get a higher grade but they don't grade higher and decides to return unslabed card.