View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 01:23 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Ostensibly the entire purpose behind the re-authentication of already slabbed items was so that eBay (in their steadfast refusal to ever become category experts themselves) didn’t have to reinvent the wheel and 3rd party grade already 3rd party graded cards…so this makes no sense to me. They are supposed to just be taking them out of the box saying, “Yep, this is a PSA 5 Topps XXX” and putting a stamp of approval on it and re-packaging.

As long as the card is in a reputable slab (PSA, SGC, BGS, CGC…) and the title in form closely matches the title on the flip, what is the problem?

Gotta love eBay. They seem to love going out of their way to make additional headaches for themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
John, I personally would not sell an expensive card on ebay without the authentication process. I don't want to take the chance that a buyer will claim I sent him an empty box.

As a buyer, I like it too. I have heard enough stories about Probstein sending out empty boxes that I wouldn't want to be on that end of it either.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk