View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 06:38 PM
pete ullman

I got ripped off on the BST over the weekend. My post looking for a W517 Ruth garnished a Personal email…I mean I did post my email address right there on the thread…from someone offering me a the psa 6 oc. I initially declined at which time he offered me a better conditioned example. Then came back with a slightly lower offer on the first and he excepted. Asked me how I intend to pay I told him PayPal goods and services. He sent me his ““family” paypal email… which ended up being a woman. I paid shortly there after received a receipt with a tracking number didn’t think much of it and moved on with my life. Gary emailed me telling me that the card that I posted on July pick ups, the same one I thought I bought l…that he won this card from Goldin Auctions a few years ago and it was in his collection. I then contacted Leon who was pretty convinced it was a scammer. I initiated a PayPal claim and hopefully I will be reimbursed.

The guys name was david bassett and the paypal address given was eaglegator47@gmail.com which led me to pamela maugle… Who quickly offered to reimburse me yet then claimed the money was being held and I should get it in the next day or two… acting a little bit like the kid who got his hand caught in the cookie jar.

In retrospect I should have immediately checked the tracking number it was bogus. I have made so many great deals on this board as well as other venues over the years but these last year or two things have changed there are so many more crooks in the game.

Last edited by ullmandds; 07-05-2022 at 06:39 PM.