View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Jay Shelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
That's a great story, Scott! Glad you guys had your priorities in order.

And Jay... that's incredible! How in the hell do you keep track of it all? My head is still spinning.

So Jay... when I say that it's incredible how you can juggle all that what you collect... I really mean it!

Thanks for the kind words. I've downsized quite a bit over the past 10 years. I've gone from about 45 1960-70s era 12" GI Joes down to 4, and sold off all but 1 box of my comics; keeping only the ones that still "mean" something to me. I've also downsized my baseball card collection quite a bit, selling off all my Topps/Fleer/Donruss sets from the 1960s-early 80s and keeping only Topps 1976-79 sets, and focusing on Padres team sets from 1973-75, 1980-84.

True story, hopefully appreciated by any book collectors. Any time I go into a Half Price book store, I go immediately to the "Nostalgia" section and look at the children's books. I scored a first edition Three Investigators #1 Secret of Terror Castle for $4 in pretty nice shape. Only the first editions had the sewn in text block and print error on page 67.

Pays to search, sometimes.