View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 07:22 PM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
The reference to cattle futures was a bad example, sorry. Suffice it to say, prominent politicians have gotten away with all sorts of things due to their privilege. They are safer from accountability than the rest of us, including businessmen with lawyers. Try googling "Chappaquiddick" instead.

My example, to be clear, was regulation of individual gas stations, not the gas industry. When I go to a gas station I'll never go to again, and the owner sees my out of state plate and figures that out, he could be tempted to cheat me, knowing I'd have little recourse. But because his dispensers are regularly checked for accuracy by the government, it's very difficult for him to do so.
Yes, I know that one. "Nancy Pelosi stock trading" is another one that would fit with what you're saying. I disagree that they are "safer from accountability than the rest of us". From you and me, perhaps, but not from the ultra-wealthy, who are some of their biggest campaign contributors.

I got your meaning on the gas station example. My examples are different, but I shared them as I think they would potentially provide the same sort of benefit to consumers (knowing that you won't get bumped from an overbooked flight, for example).
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry

Last edited by BobbyStrawberry; 08-10-2022 at 07:33 PM.