Thread: Tatis
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 11:05 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
I agree with 99% of what you said, although I will make an exception for Trout. I think his signature has two things going for it:

-While it's not a readable "name", it is a recognizable, stylized initialization that normally also includes his jersey number. When you see the MT27, you know it's Trout and it has a bit of flair to it.

-Trout is known as a very generous signer, and we all know autograph seeking is far beyond the level it was in the '40s-'50s. That makes Trout's "one stroke of the pen" signature easy to quickly sign for many people, in less-than-ideal environments. And they can still (usually) tell it's a Mike Trout autograph.

My two cents.

All very valid points. I think I have more of an issue with how his signature looks on the signings he does for money. I remember seeing to get a ball with his full name on it, was something like 800 dollars. Which honestly I wouldn't mind paying, but it looks no neater than his normal one. Probably just a personal gripe on my part.

It is very nice though, that he takes time to sign for his fans, not many ballplayers do anymore.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.