View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
PSA/DNA will be offering a flat rate of $75.00 to authenitcate one item signed by all of the 1980 Hockey Players.
Please note all aoutgraphs need to be on one item, after you have your item authenticated in the autograph area you can take your item to the
PSA booth and get a letter of authenticity. This ticket is only available through Mounted Memories either pre-order or at the ticket
counter at the show.

this is RIDICULOUS. you need to want this if you sign at show?
Scott, I certainly understand the point and in a perfect world who could argue it?

But, if you were going to drop $500 or so on a group signed item, wouldn't you want to protect its resale value to some degree? Certainly you don't need PSA for your enjoyment and validation, but when the day comes to sell it, chances are you'll take a bath on it if you try to sell yourself with no independent authentication. Love it or hate it, that's the reality of the market.

I think about the thousands and thousands I dropped on show signings back in the 90s. I KNOW all the stuff is good. But if I want to turn it, I'll get pennies on the dollar based on MY word alone. I wish there was some way I could have protected the investment back then for as little as $7 a signature.