View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 09:34 AM
Chris Counts

I guess it was inevitable that crazy prices would come to the realm of caps. I saw a 1990s Tigers snapback go for $600 a couple days ago, which is more than I paid for any of my 1950s MLB gamers.

I never cease to be amazed by how little research the auction houses do. Just last month, I talked Leland's into pulling a Bob Lemon Indians cap from its auction that was far more likely to be a Jim Lemon minor league cap.

Here's one of the most perplexing caps I've seen lately. Jonstats sold it. When I asked for more details about it, all I got was that it came from a reputable collection. It's a Frankenstein — the bill appears to have come from another cap. The crown looks like it's from the 1969 A's. I have 1969 McAuliffe and KM Pro caps for comparison. Plus, the stitching looks sloppier than any cap I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Because the sheeple believe everything they see and fail to research these things for themselves. And it wasn't just one person... it took others to run up the price to that absurd level.

Lelands' misrepresentation of things like this is nothing new. It's a shame that some unknowing dupe was taken to the cleaners... but is not the first time (and certainly won't be the last).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (82.7 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-1.jpg (73.9 KB, 221 views)