View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 12:41 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I'm pleased (I think) to add this atrocious New York pennant. It joins its ugly SF sisters. As I was putting the blue SF pennant back in it's sleeve, I noticed it is more of a fabric than a felt. Same with the spine, although you may not make that out from my photo. I’m not sure if this is what Greg calls “cloth” because it still seems like felt. Do we know who made these atrocities? My powers of recall are not up to those of Mark and Greg. I would say the thin tassels are an identifying characteristic.

The seller of the NY pennant originally had it on ebay for $350. He came down to $300 and then $250. I offered $150 and he said he was firm at $200. I hit him again at $175 and he accepted. He then wondered why I had only sent $150. I told him I had sent $196 to cover the price the tax and the shipping. He was not aware we don't call it "feebay" for nothing!
Yes, the blue one is the type we refer to as "cloth"... easily distinguished by the individual threads that make up the pennant. The back-lit photo you posted shows it perfectly. Also (more often than not) this type of "cloth" pennant will have some stray threads protruding from its borders.

The green ones are true/traditional felt. Tough pennant... nice find!

Last edited by perezfan; 04-11-2021 at 06:24 PM.