Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

I got a few messages about the progress of this guy, so I thought I'd post its progress.

It's almost done, but the next parts will be the hardest. I have to clean up the type and the border line, and even worse, try to make my own moire pattern to mimic the printing process. I'm starting to think that it might be fun to paint a slab around it too...

Doing this has been a weird exercise. It's one thing to do a tromp l'oil, but doing one that has a single element with no background has been...well...odd. Though, it did make me think that it might be fun to paint some of the original Horner portraits as they would have looked in the studio. At least with that, I'd be dealing with real light and not have the limitations I've been dealing with in copying the lithographs from this set. Actually, to me, this card it just ends up being copying. But, I did have a lot of fun working on those edges!! But yeah, it would be very appealing to try and recreate a scene with actual lighting, even if it's controlled in a studio.

Anyway, I'm babbling. Any crits/comments/problems are certainly welcomed!

Oh, and as usual, forgive the photography!

Graig