Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Graig Kreindler

Jason,

I agree with you 199%. 1999% even. I actually brought that up to the client when he approached me, but he didn't seem interested. For whatever reason, I guess he had some money and just wanted to have somewhat of a companion piece to his friend's (who bought the SGC 4), as he couldn't afford the $925,000 for another one.

But what you bring up is actually what I plan on doing. I really like the idea of doing the original photos used for cards, especially that Horner portrait. Painting the actual scene of Honus sitting there having his photo taken is MUCH more appealing than painting the card itself. I know that I'll also do a painting of the image used for the '52 Topps Mantle and treat it the same way. It's cool to take those iconic images and paint them as they were seen with human eyes, not through a camera, or on a card. Now, I just need to find the time to do all of this stuff!!

Either way, thanks for the input, as well as the compliments. I'm just so glad that people don't yell at me for wasting space on the board! I'll keep posting as long as you will keep enjoying it. Which I hope you will.

Graig