Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Graig Kreindler

Wow, thanks so much, guys. The movement in the picture-plain you described was really what I was hoping for: the eyes go to Ruth first, then the umpire and catcher, and then through the background. I can't really say that it was completely planned, being that this all comes from one specific photograph and all, but I definitely tried to make the more important objects seem a bit more resolved and further refined than the others.

But by far, my favorite part to do was relate the shadow on the dirt to everything else. Having the umpire and catcher sliver into the sunlight was one of favorite parts of the photo to begin with, so I'm glad I got to play with it. Also, there were some great little details in there that I embellished a bit, like the fresh white ball in the umpire's hand, as well as some of the kicked-up dirt by Babe's feet. Overall, I'm definitely pleased with it, and hopefully the client will be as well!

And David, let it be known that I couldn't wash Rembrandt's brushes - that man was a mutant genius. But your sentiment made my heart warm. Thank you.

Graig