View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 09:05 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
I just signed up on Sunday. Is there a lag time between "payouts" and it showing up in your account? Three things are happening...

1.) There are confirmed payouts but nothing is coming into my checking account (after 2 days)

2.) They want me to update some account details, but I have already done so.

3.) My credit union wasn't on their list so finding another way to get paid is a massive pain in the ass.
1. When I get a "we've sent your Payout" notice from eBay, the funds are consistently in my checking account the next day. Depending on when the sales occur, there is a 2-day lag in eBay sending the Payout, but they do not send Payouts on Saturday or Sunday. So the result is that for sales occurring on Monday or Tuesday, the funds are in my account 3 days later. For sales occurring on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, the funds are in my account 5 days later, with Saturday and Sunday sales being lumped in with the Friday payout.

2&3. Best advice for a smooth transition is to make sure your name on your eBay account EXACTLY matches the name on the checking account you are depositing to.

Even with that, I still had to send them a copy of a statement for my checking account to verify my identity. Because I had just set up a new account exclusively for eBay deposits, this meant waiting several weeks until they sent a monthly statement. I probably could have gone in person to a local branch and gotten something that would suffice, but this was during the height of COVID restrictions, and going in person to the bank seemed like an unnecessary risk, with or without a mask. (Personally, I still would feel strange going into a bank with a mask on, though I hear that is generally accepted these days).

I understand from others that if you have a Personal or account with Paypal, you may be able to arrange for your deposits to be made to that account. I attempted to set up a separate Paypal account do so initially (my primary Paypal account is a Business account, which still does not allow direct deposits, as I just re-confirmed yesterday). However, I could not satisfy the "send us a statement" requirement to verify my ID with anything that Paypal would generate, and so wound up setting up the checking account instead. Ebay asks for specific information to be included on a single-page statement, but while I could get separate documents from Paypal that had all of the required information, none were available that had it on the same sheet. It's possible that, having now verified my identity with the checking account, I could switch over to depositing to the Paypal account, but operating two Paypal accounts would wind up being even more problematic than two checking accounts, so I haven't bothered. It's Paypal's loss really if they can't or won't figure out a way to allow Business account users to deposit their eBay sales proceeds directly to their Paypal account.