View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 07:56 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
The problem I am having with the new managed payments is that eBay is NOT refunding me when I refund a buyer.

When I was being paid with PayPal, if I overcharged a buyer for postage, I could refund the overage and PayPal would refund me their fees (and it would show on that transaction) how much they refunded. Now with eBay, if I overcharge for postage, eBay is taking the money from my current money they have on hold or are taking the money out of my bank account and they are NOT refunding any of the fees I have previously been charged for that transaction.

Maybe that will be compiled at the end of each month and I will be refunded then or maybe I will have to call eBay and have to show them the three (so far) transactions that this has occurred on and see what they say and do.

David
If you go back and look at your Paypal transactions for those refunds, you will find that Paypal has not refunded the fees on those in well over a year. They'll refund whatever portion you like to the buyer, but they keep the fees for the original payment regardless. If you refund the buyer in full, you will go into the red on the Paypal fees.

Similarly with eBay, they do not refund Final Value Fees on partial refunds, regardless of whether you are in Managed Payments or not. Even prior to Managed Payments, the only way they would refund the FVF's is if the transation was cancelled or refunded in its entirety. There may be some way you can call and talk a representative into refunding the fees on a partial refund, but it does not happen automatically.

As far as I can tell with Managed Payments, because they no longer parse out payment processing fees vs Final Value Fees, if you refund a buyer in full, you get those fees back in full so that everyone is back to zero. On partial refunds though, eBay does not state anywhere that I have seen that they will ever refund those fees, and are generally silent on the matter as far as I can tell.