View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 12:48 PM

Willie Mays at the Cerro Stadium, in your email you ask me if Mays played at the Cerro, that question has a long answer but I am going to give you a summary. There are 3 answers 1- Yes, the juice in the practices in the fields. 2- His records do not exist because he did not line up in any game. 3- Juice with another name? The story is long but I will tell you something, Mays was recommended to the owners of Almendares by Leo Durocher, Mendoza the owner of the team hired him, but when he arrived in Cuba he was already injured they waited for his recovery and he began in practice and at that moment there was A false report from Alejandro Pompez to the Major Leagues saying that he had been injured in Cuba, so they prohibited him from playing in the championship, he continued practicing on the field and was in uniform, he signed many balls, in my collection I had 2, shora comes the part interesting, which is the answer 3, many years ago I was young and I was next to two men and they always told me anecdotes about the ball and that day in a moment to